Here at The Peak Edge Hotel, we encourage career development and this is a great opportunity to further your experience in a highly awarded environment. If you are serious about
starting a career in hospitality or have experience of working within hotels and are looking for your next career move, we welcome CV’s and covering letters explaining why you want to be part of The Peak Edge Team. Uniform provided along with great pay, holidays and meals on duty.
We are currently recruiting for the below jobs, if you feel that your skills match our requirements, please contact the relevant head of department on their email address provided for more information.
Job Description - Head Chef (click to view more)
The Peak Edge Hotel is an independently owned luxury boutique 4-star hotel with 27 bedrooms located on the outskirts of Chesterfield, Derbyshire. The hotel offers an outstanding dining experience in our 2-rosette award winning Red Lion restaurant.
We have a rare and exciting opportunity for a professional, motivational and enthusiastic Head Chef to join our well-established family orientated team.
The Red Lion boasts a newly refurbished kitchen with countryside views and a second kitchen for banqueting. As Head Chef you will be designing and developing our top-class menus and working closely with our passionate and entrepreneurial owner to deliver outstanding food to our guests and residents. You will have access to the finest cuts of meat and quality produce which arrive directly from our owner’s farm on the outskirts of Chesterfield.
If you are someone who is bursting with ideas and creativity and a passion for food and customer service excellence then we need to hear from you.
To coordinate activities and direct the training of chefs and other kitchen workers engaged in preparing and cooking food in order to ensure an efficient and profitable food service and continually ensuring the highest quality of meals reflective of a 2 AA rosette restaurant. You will be responsible for the kitchen budget and be responsible for the timely and economical purchase of food and supplies based on knowledge of distributor, vendor, and product.
Duties and responsibilities:
· Design, plan and participate in planning menus and utilization of food surpluses and wastage taking into account probable number of guests, popularity of various dishes and guest expectation.
· Estimate food consumption and purchases or requisitions foodstuffs and kitchen supplies.
· Review menus, analyze recipes and complete food costings
· Oversee all kitchen purchases of food and non-food items.
· Maintain and motivate the chef brigade, recruiting, encouraging and training as required
· Supervise and engage in cooking and instruction with other kitchen personnel and coordinate their tasks to ensure quality, economical and timely food production.
· Ensure food is stored correctly and in line with food policy.
· Devise special dishes and develop recipes to ensure innovative menu selections that exceed guests’ expectations.
· Comply with and enforce safety and cleaning standards for kitchen.
· Have a strong control over payroll, including overtime.
· Continue improvement of self, team and product and maintain consistency.
· Liaise with other food and beverage managers regarding group menus and functions on a weekly basis.
· Ensure that all equipment within the department (hotel owned or hired) is used,
stored and cleaned correctly to reduce the amount of damage.
· Carry out monthly stock-take
· Liaise with the restaurant department to ensure a thorough knowledge of the menus and to then ensure the team are thoroughly briefed
· Report maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues as they arise
· Maintain an excellent food hygiene rating
· Maintain a healthy Food GP, utilizing available tools eg. shopping basket
· Comply with health and safety and fire regulations – carry out and maintain training records for the kitchen team
· Enforce and keep updated the Food Safety Policy
· Be environmentally aware and limit wastage, utility usage, packaging etc
· Maintain awareness of food allergies with menu planning and staff training